Choosing your child’s day care program can be frustrating, scary, and exhausting for both you and your child. How can you know that a trusted adult is watching over the children at all times? And for a child with food allergies, was the lunch meal double-checked to make sure no peanuts were present? The constant fear of bullying may also be present.
Daycare injuries are not all that uncommon, and if the daycare program has been negligent in caring for their pint-sized clients, they may be held responsible. No one wants to see a child hurt, and that’s where we come in to help. In the search to find a place where you know your child will be out of harm’s way, there are several tips to remember:
- Consider your child’s temperament and health needs. For a child who requires special attention, a day care program that has enough staff to provide for these needs will be better.
- Ask about the discipline policy. Although a tough question, it is important to see how your child will be treated if and when they make a mistake.
- Examine the food options. Is nutritional food offered? Does the daycare serve pizza for lunch? Are food allergies considered in meals? You want to ensure your child’s health is always the number one priority.
- Ensure the daycare program is state licensed or certified. States will require the daycare staff to undergo specific training in order to receive these credentials, making the ones who have certification a better option.
- Look for a well-trained staff that enjoys childcare. Employees that love children will offer a much happier atmosphere for your child.
- Plan in advance and compare many options before making a decision. Give yourself time to prepare to avoid last minute mistakes.
If an injury does occur in your program, and the daycare staff did not perform their responsibilities correctly, you may be entitled to compensation. Know your rights before choosing your daycare and act quickly in the event of an accident. And as always, if you have questions about your child’s daycare, contact us.
About McAleer Law:
McAleer Law—Decatur, Georgia’s preeminent personal injury, worker’s compensation, and Social Security Disability firm—has been representing plaintiffs and injured workers for more than ten years. Specializing in lost wage, medical expense, pain/suffering, lost quality of life, and psychological injury cases, founder Charles McAleer guarantees his clients personal attention, diligence, and unparalleled service quality. McAleer also hosts a weekly radio show at 9 a.m. on News and Talk 1380 WAOK, bringing listeners sound legal advice, breaking news, current events, and other topics important to the Atlanta community. For more information on Charles McAleer and the McAleer Law Firm visit www.McAleerLaw.com, “like” McAleer Law on Facebook, or follow @McAleerLawFirm on Twitter.