Girl Wins $8.3M from KFC

Restaurant KFC has been ordered to pay $8.3M to a girl who, according to the court, suffered severe brain damage and was paralysed from eating a Twister wrap. The girl was 7 years old when she suffered salmonella encephalopathy — a brain injury linked to food poisoning that also left her with a blood infection and septic shock.

During the trial, Justice Stephen Rothman said the chicken became contaminated “because of the failure of one or more employees of KFC” to follow proper preparation rules, which he described as “negligent”.

Have you experienced any pain due to a negligence at a fast food restaurant? Contact McAleer Law Firm today at 404-816-7374.

Contact Information