We’ve rounded up some of our favorite tips to help keep you and your family safe while traveling this weekend.
- Limit distractions and buckle up.
- Make sure to get enough sleep the night before a long trip. Caffeine and energy drinks will only help temporarily.
- If you must pull over, make sure your vehicle is entirely off the road. Never park on the shoulder or in the breakdown lane unless it is an emergency.
- Know the laws of cell phone use in different areas. This will become especially important as you cross state lines.
- Refill at the quarter line instead of E. Keeping your tank at least one-fourth full the entire trip will come in handy during long stretches between gas stations.
- Never drink and drive. Just one alcoholic beverage is all it takes to cause an accident.
For more safety tips, be sure to visit the American Red Cross’ website here.
Happy Thanksgiving & Be Safe!